Congestive Heart Failure
Living Well with Congestive Heart Failure
You can live well with Congestive Heart Failure.
CareOregon invites you to take part in a program created to meet the special needs of our members who are living with Congestive Heart Failure (also called CHF). The program is called Living Well with Congestive Heart Failure.
CHF is a serious illness. But you can feel better and live well by
- Learning to see warning signs;
- Learning what you can do to control symptoms and
- Learning to work with your health care team.
What is the Living Well with CHF Program?
Living Well with Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) is a FREE support service offered to CareOregon members who are living with CHF. A member of CareOregon’s CareSupport staff working with your provider/ physician will provide personal one-on-one support to help you feel better, gain control over your symptoms and achieve your health goals.
Getting help is easy and convenient! You will have a regular telephone chat with your CareSupport staff member to help you as you learn how to:
How will the CareOregon CareSupport staff help me feel better?
- Control your symptoms to live well and feel better.
- Work closely with your physician/provider and follow your treatment plan.
- Your CareOregon Support staff is here to help you manage your health care needs at home, through personalized telephone calls to support your care activities. We will be there to help you with any questions you may have about your provider’s care instructions.
- Your CareOregon CareSupport staff will help you recognize warning signs that your Physician/Provider should know about.
- We will help you learn how to gain control of your symptoms.
- Your CareOregon CareSupport staff will assist you in getting the medications your doctor has ordered.
- We will work with you to ensure you are able to get to your Physician/ Provider visits.
- Your CareOregon CareSupport Staff will help you answer questions on how to pick low-salt (sodium) foods to eat or how to increase your physical activity.
Will the Living Well with CHF Program work with my Primary Care Provider/Physician?
YES. Your CareOregon CareSupport staff will work with you and your Physician/ Provider to help you recover and live well. Is there a charge for this program?
This program is FREE to CareOregon members.
How do I take advantage of this free program?
Call us at 503-416-4100 or 1-800-224-4840 (toll free) should you want to participate in this program. The TTY/TDD number is 1-800-735-2900.
- If you have been hospitalized for CHF, a CareOregon CareSupport staff person will call you soon after you leave the hospital.
- You may enroll in the Living Well with CHF Program before you are discharged from the hospital. Call CareOregon at the numbers above to speak with a CareSupport staff member.
- Learn more about the benefits of being a CareOregon Member.
What can CareOregon do to help?